A lot of people are making predictions, so I’ll put on my proverbial Amateur Pundit Hat and make a few of my own.
- Everything bad is Bush’s fault.
- Everything good is Obama’s doing, even if it’s imaginary.
- The “Obama’s not a deficit hawk, but he plays one on TV” spending freeze plan will be touted heavily, though it won’t actually accomplish anything even if it passes.
- If he addresses the health care bill at all, it will either be to rehash the old arguments and fear-mongering, or to back away and call it a “pause” while he and his party consider their next move on it.
- “Despite everything, the good news is…I’m awesome.”
- It would be against all sense, but I’m going to go out on a limb and predict that he will mention immigration reform. If he does, it’s a political move designed to infuriate conservatives when/if the Republicans decide to cooperate with him on it.
I’ve even seen a few drinking games suggested for the State of the Union, but I suspect you’ll have the desire to drink heavily without them after hearing it.